I was recently introduced to Three Sisters instant oatmeal, and I love it. Unfortunately, it is only available at Whole Foods. I don’t go to WF all the time because it would cost too much to do all of my shopping there, but they do have a few key things that I stock up on once a month. This is now on the list.
Why You Should Try This Oatmeal:
- Three sisters is a terrific name for a company. Right?
- The colorful and charming box and pouch designs use 25% less packaging than other brands.
- $2.50 per box of 5 pouches equals .50 per bowl. That is cheap.
- Flavors like plain grain, brown sugar and maple, cinnamon and apples, and dark chocolate.
- Ingredients like old-fashioned oats, whole grains, flax seeds, real fruit, and premium chocolate.
- The pouch serves double duty as the actual measuring cup for the water. Why dig around for a measuring cup? Or if you are like me at work, just eyeball the water and end up with bad, sad oatmeal.
- It tastes terrific. The oats and grains and fruits and dark chocolate chips are identifiable. The texture is hearty. It isn’t too sweet. It is lovely.
If you try some or have had it, tell me what you think! Or suggest a brand you like. I’ve been reaching for oatmeal all week now that it’s officially freezing outside. I know I complained about the sauna-like conditions in my apartment all summer, but I don’t know if I am mentally ready yet for knee socks.
No sugary dinosaur eggs in this bowl!