Merry Mini Cupcakes
I am very fortunate have a Bruegger’s Bagel Bakery on the first floor of my work building, for 2 reasons:
- Their Coffee Club Card program. Every year I buy my card, and then it’s good for unlimited coffee, tea, and soda fountain beverages for the rest of the year. I figure at the rate I drink coffee, it pretty much pays for itself by March.
- Their great staff. Every morning day they make getting coffee an enjoyable experience. I used to work with hungry people and caffeine crazy people so I know how much fun their job isn’t. I can honestly tell you I am sad when one of them quits and I didn’t get to say goodbye (I am talking to you Helen, Amanda, and Jess).
When I learned that one of the managers was about to turn the same age as me, I thought it would be nice to make him something…since I like all the company at this age I can get.
I went with some festive mini cupcakes. Vanilla cake was topped with vanilla buttercream. Have I mentioned I don’t like chocolate?
For fun I filled them first with a teeny bit of seedless raspberry jam.
I thought it provided a nice little bit of juicy sweetness in the midst of all that smooth, creamy vanilla sweetness.
The mini red polka dot and gingham (not pictured) wrappers are also awesome, and came from The Bakers Confections on Etsy. Visit them for all of your cupcake supply needs - they are terrific, and are located in Maine.
Another point for New England!
I forgot to photograph an ornament with the one cupcake I allowed myself before I ate it (oops), so no ornament today…but I knew I could turn to Etsy for today’s Cup of Cheer.
Make that three cups. Two for Christmas and one for me.
1. I love these napkins. Period.
Screen Printed Organic Cotton Merry Christmas Cloth Napkins from ohlittlerabbit, $20
2. This vintage card is so hilarious and dated, but I love it, and I love the way the woman’s legs are stretched towards the man. Speaking volumes with limbs only. And oh yeah, Merry Christmas.
1930′s Cigarette Christmas Holiday Card from takingshape, $4
3. I basically want everything for sale at jimboart. Look at this bear. He smells cakes and he just wants a little slice. He is skin and bones!
Bear Smells Cake Hand Painted Side Plate from jimbobart, $37.50
How’s your holiday shopping coming? I need to kick mine into some serious high gear. I haven’t even started my cards. Maybe tonight will be the night I make THE LIST. Do you go off a list or buy as you see? Do you shop online or haul yourself to the stores? Both?
Help me help you help me!